INTERNATIONAL HEALTH OLYMPIAD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The International Health Olympiad an International level quiz competition and is subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By participating in this contest, each applicant accepts and agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Student of classes 5-12 studying in any syllabus only can participate in International Health Olympiad.
- The students are divided into three sub categories namely Juniors, Seniors and Super Seniors. Each category will have separate competition and prizes.
- Category 1: JUNIORS Students of classes 5-7 belong to this category.
- Category 2: SENIORS Students of classes 8-10 fall under this category.
- Category 3: SUPER SENIORS Students studying in classes 11 and 12 are included in this category.
B. PRELIMINARY ONLINE TEST
- The students will have to qualify in a preliminary online screening test in respective
category in order to participate in International Health Olympiad finals.
- Preliminary online test shall be conducted on 30-12-2016 based on the syllabus and
reference book provided for the purpose and as per terms & conditions given below.
- The log-in id and password for the online examination will be mailed to the registered email id on 15thDecember 2016. Please use the same to attend the online examination.
- Login information is personal and not to be disclosed to anybody.
- The online test can be accessed on 30-12-2016 from 00:00:00 hrs to 23.59.59 hrs on the same day. Test can be started by logging in and clicking the start button.
- There will be 50 Objective type questions, each carrying 1 mark. Candidates have to select the right answer from the choices given. 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answers.
- There is NO negative mark for unattended questions.
- Duration of the test will be 15 Minutes from commencement.
- DO NOT Use the “Back” Button on your browser during the test once you have begun taking the test.
- DO NOT minimize, refresh or close the window of the test for any reason.
- Once next question is opted using “Next “button, previous attended/unattended answers CANNOT be MODIFIED /REVIEWED.
- In the rare event of a technical failure during the test, the candidates are requested to contact our office immediately.
- IHO Exam Department would not be liable for power interruption in your home, office, school or whichever venue you choose for your online exam.
- IHO Exam Department would not be liable for the speed provided by your ISP, network connectivity or any internet, software or hardware related problems or inadequacies.
- The test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with computers, keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the IHO cannot take responsibility for the same.
- IF ANY CANDIDATE ATTEMPT TO APPEAR FOR THE ONLINE EXAM USING MORE THAN ONE USER ID, THE CANDIDATURE ITSELF WILL BE CONSIDERED AS INVALID.
- ALL CONTESTANTS ARE REQUESTED TO VERIFY THEIR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ON OR BEFORE 20thDECEMBER 2016 LOGGING VALIDATION ISSUES WILL NOT BE ENCOURAGED ON THE DAY OF TEST.
C.FINAL WRITTEN EXAMINATION
- First 200 candidates selected from preliminary test shall be called for the final written examination scheduled at 9.30AM on 13-05-2017 at VIDYA ACDEMY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, Thalakottukara, Thrissur District.
- Final Examination shall consists of written examination of 90 minutes followed by a audio-visual quiz for 30 minutes.
- Marks obtained in the written exam and quiz will be added for ranking.
- The whole selection process will be monitored and audited by expert board members of VPS Lakeshore Hospital and Vidya Academy of Science & Technology along with Edu Mithra intellectual services Pvt. Ltd to ensure transparency.
- Candidates must bring their school identity card(original) or Adhar Card and a passport size photo when reporting for Final Written Test. NO HALL TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED FROM IHO PRIOR TO FINAL TEST.
- IHO has a structure, schedule, rules, and decorum to be followed.
- Food and accommodation for all the candidates (only students not parents) will be provided by IHO for candidates coming from outside Thrissur District if required in the college from 12-045-2017 evening to 13-05- 2017 afternoon. Requests for accommodation in the campus shall be received on or before 15-03-2017. Late requests shall be considered subject to availability only.
- The campus has hygienic toilets with regular fittings and dedicated cleaning staff. Candidates are requested to use it hygienically.
- Parents are expected to inform prior to the IHO if the student is under medication of any kind. Prescription /dosage etc. are expected to be produced before commencement of IHO. All medications must be in their original containers.
- Parents are expected to give two contact numbers which may be available at any time for contacting in case of emergencies.
- Unauthorized photography is strictly prohibited during the competition hours.
- Please don’t send any Valuables, Cash, Expensive gadgets with Kids.
- Mobile phones are allowed in the campus but not in the Examination & Seminar sessions.
- Boys and girls will have separate seating facilities and toilets, washrooms etc.
- Any campers/participant found to use any kinds of drugs; alcohol or any other inappropriate goods will be expelled from the Olympiad immediately.
- Candidates are expected to maintain decorum and to respect the trainees and staff. Any kind of misbehaviour will be tolerated.
- Kindly note that IHO or any of our staff will not demand any extra fee apart from the fee collected towards registration. If any such event is noted kindly report to the event director immediately.
- The participants will come to the venue of International Health Olympiad, on the pre-fixed date to attend the finals of International Health Olympiad at their own expenses.
- IHO is NOT responsible for late or misdirected entries.
- Applicants agree to the use of their name and likeness in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The winner acknowledges that IHO has the right to publicize and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto.
E.PRIZES & SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WINNERS
- CASH PRIZE of 1 Lakh each for toppers in final round from 3 groups.
- FULL FEE SCHOLARSHIP for Medicine in any of the Govt. Medical colleges in Kerala if admitted under Government Fee for toppers from 3 groups sponsored by VPS Lakeshore Hospital, Kochi.
- FULL FEE SCHOLARSHIPS in any engineering branch if got admitted in Government quota in Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur or Kilimanoor for 2nd & 3rd ranks in final test.
- Prize money winners shall be responsible for any and all taxes under respective government rules. TDS shall be deducted from cash prizes.
- MBBS & B Tech scholarships are provided only if the awardees secure admission in respective colleges under Government quota.
- Scholarship amount will be provided as per the present fee structure fixed for government quota students for the year 2016-17.
- B-tech scholarship winners can select the campus of study either Trissur or Trivandrum of Vidya Academy of Science & Technology.
- Not with standing any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, IHO reserves the right to: (i) desist from paying any or all Prize money (ii) require the winner to return any Prize money already disbursed if, at any point it is discovered that: (x) any of the application material was false or misleading in any way, (y) the winner was not in fact eligible or (z) that any of these Terms and Conditions have otherwise been breached.
All participants are reminded that acceptable behavior is required at all times during IHO and after IHO hours to other participants, Trainer/s, Guests, Faculties and Staff. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. If the participant is seen to be verbally or physically abusive, deliberately causing danger or damage to other members, trainer/s, Guests, Faculties, Staff or property during the course the participant will be required to leave the course/camp immediately and will NOT receive any refund.
VISITORS ARE NOT ALLOWED DURING THE CAMP DAYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Parents can contact their ward over phone through the contact numbers given along with the instructions and students will be given permission to use their mobile phones in the time allotted for it.
Complaints which cannot be resolved between the student and the instructor or with the IHO staff at the time of event, may be mailed directly to Edu Mithra Intellectual Services Pvt. Ltd. Chengamanad P O, Aluva, Kerala, India 683 578 whose decision will be binding both parities.
I. FORCE MAJEURE
IHO will NOT be responsible or liable for any failure to perform any Program due to unforeseen circumstances or to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fires, floods, earthquakes, accidents, labor unrest, interruptions in the delivery of required services, failure of communications services, or shortage or failure of other critical materials or services for the duration of any such circumstances or cause.
Each of these Terms and Conditions is subject to applicable law. These Terms and Conditions are subject to modification by IHO in its sole discretion.